Sunday, October 16, 2016

Never mind the Shrimp, Honey; I'm Comin' Home with the Crabs

Words are to be played with, I suppose. First saw the bumper-sticker 


Never mind the Shrimp, Honey; I'm Comin' Home with the Crabs



long time, ago ... It brought joy to the end of a long day ... driving home behind an elderly Chinese couple who may or may not have understood the word play. Haven't seen it in a while. Maybe it's been replaced by a too-long bumper sticker of the New Order:


Never mind the Oxycodone, Dear; I've found the Motherload of Oxymoronic Twists on Reality 


This election cycle, as so many have pointed out, has been made particularly pungent by Herr Drumpf ... word-plays have been weaponized in a way that many of us cannot recall from past Presidential elections in the most-always-civil US of A. Drumpf may be counted among the greatest Carney-Barkers of All Time!



Come, ye, to the fair* ... Come one, come all.
Here's the The Soldier who couldn't stay out of POW camps ...
Here you'll see the Smallest Man on Earth ... Little Marco!
You'll see a Bush without the energy to show his leaves!
Mexican Rapists, as far as the eye can see!
Muslim Terrorists wrapped in their Radicalism! for their one-way to Cooba!
And Ugly Women like you've never seen before!
One who looks like a Pig or the Kristie Kreme Governor of NJ!
Another who looks like a Dog!
And the Fattest Beauty Queen/Housekeeper of all time!
Your eyes will see Poor Hopeless Blacks who are nothin' like Big Ben C!
But, you'll also see ... 
The Tallest Man ... me!
With my name on the Top of Skyscrapers
and Water Bottles and Beef and Women's Butts!
And if you can believe anything he says? 
You'll meet the World's Biggest Liar, Lyin' Ted!
And here, and only here, you'll learn the meaning of Fair ...
So, Come, ye, to the Fair!

Admittedly, there are two sides to most every story and I'm telling only mine, in these postings. True, enough! I did try, in a previous posting, to speak with Ivanka Trump about some of the biblically ethical conflicts between what Papa says and sacred texts ... she never responded.

There is something, though, uniquely fascinating about Herr Drumpf's rhetorical method about turning things around either before or after a charge is made against him ... as if opposites were the same ... East is West ... as if, it makes no difference, at all. Like his misunderstanding of the word sarcasm, he fails to understand counterpunching and confuses it with the application of any particular charge against himself as a charge against his opponent.

Consider it, from the top:

McCane is not a hero .... 

          "I never went to Viet Nam, never served, at all. I'm a hero! Didn't get captured, did I?"

Mexicans are Rapists .... 

          "I grab pussies because I and other famous guys can. Rapists? Because they're bad."

My Opponent is Crooked ... 
          
          "I know politicians are crooked because I payed to play. How y'think I made my $."**

My Opponent Lies ... 
          
          "Every fact-checking group seems to find I'm a pants-on-fire liar. Not fair."

The Primary is not Fair .... 

        "You came to discuss issues. Too bad ... I'll talk about your height, weight, energy, beauty, ..."

You're Lost in Political Correctness

          "You ask me questions that are not fair, mean, mean-spirited, ..."

Muslims are (presented as) Terrorists ...

          "I''ll  terrorize anyone who disagrees with me. You'll hear from my lawyers and liars."

That Clinton Foundation ...

          "My Foundation that does apparently nothing is unfairly under investigation."

That Clinton Lady is on Drugs ...

          "That Howard Dean thought my sniffing could be Coke."

This election is rigged ...

          "Every open-carry state citizen should show up at the polls with strength; Show 'em!"



So, anyone reading this ... Can you think of a single shoe that Drumpfenkopf fits to his opponents that  doesn't fit him?

LOVE TO HEAR OTHER EXAMPLES







* from Brigadoon
** Hey, he was honest enough to admit it in the Primary Debate ... maybe, the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment