Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Mika & Joe -- A Nod! ...and Another Letter, Too ...

Dear Mika and Joe. The Clown has played you, well. After showing him deference for the past year ... letting the Busy Boy call in ... feeding him $Millions in free advertising ... giving him "the presumption of good intentions" at every turn, you get fucked by the delinquent who knows no boundaries! It was the author (Schwartz) of The Art of the Deal who reports having described Drumpf to his wife as a Black Hole after a day with him. What to say? You do bear the responsibility of being part of the group that keeps talking -- at least, here and there -- of whether someone like DJT can pivot. I see it differently. Someone who causes great harm to others and shows no evidence of gratitude in their dealings with others might even find God and show an ability to reboot ... pivot ... sound Presidential, but frankly the health of the world ought not be placed in the hands and incorporated into the mindless pratter of a Little Rich Kid who Would be King. I do hope that you and your colleagues who have bent over backwards (maybe a position Donnie likes) to adhere to the ethic of journalistic neutrality will begin to borrow from the bravery shown years ago by Walter Cronkite during the VietNam era and more recently by Dan Rather. I hope to see a day when you and others recognize that life without gratitude is no more than conspicuous consumption.

You might begin by frankly emphasizing the absurd nature of the health-letter Herr Drumpf bestowed upon the electorate. I know you have the text but I include it, below. Were I to write a letter such as this one for one of my patients, I would close my practice before others pointed to the possibility of ethical malpractice.

Maybe it's unfair for me to have compared waiting for Donald to pivot to waiting for Godot or for Charlie Manson to serve on the Altar of the Benedictines, but the homology works, at least, in my mind.

May you both live and prosper and may Joe learn the Fine Art of Verbal Pragmatics in allowing a Lady to speak ... ... Howard



“To Whom My Concern:
I have been the personal physician of Mr. Donald J. Trump since 1980. His previous physician was my father, Dr. Jacob Bornstein. Over the past 39 years, I am pleased to report that Mr. Trump has had no significant medical problems. Mr. Trump has had a recent complete medical examination that showed only positive results. Actually, his blood pressure, 110/65, and laboratory test results were astonishingly excellent.
Over the past twelve months, he has lost at least fifteen pounds. Mr. Trump takes 81 mc of aspirin daily and a low dose of s statin. His PSA test score is 0.15 (very low). His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary.
Mr. Trump has suffered no form of cancer, has never had a hip, knee, or shoulder replacement or any other orthopedic surgery. His only surgery was an appendectomy at age ten. His cardiovascular status is excellent. He has no history of ever using alcohol or tobacco products.
If elected, Mr Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.”

No comments:

Post a Comment