Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Softening of Drumpf's Shtick?

Joy Reed was in discussion, last night, with Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC which on the same night carried serious interviews with Rachel Maddow and Kellyanne Conway and, another, with Lawrence O'Donnell discussing similarities in their differences with Glenn Beck.

Lordie, Lordie! Bless My Soul!?

It was also the same day that Drumpf-Kopf accused Hillary Clinton of having at her convention
hollywood types who "weren't so hot, anymore."

Next time, Ms. Secretary, 
see if you can trade a Meryl Streep 
for a Chachi from Happier Days ... 
or for that HOT afternoon TV star--
what was his name? 

DJT is a card, isn't he?


Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLKUTxL7tkY

But back to Joy! O'Donnell began the discussion with Joy Reed by raising the question of the Softening of Donald der Drumpf. Joy Reed's Mother, I suspect, would've been shocked by her daughter's responsive difficulty in controlling a giggle that was not to be controlled.  I can hear a Mother with a tongue "Tsk ... Tsk"  ... Mine or Joy's Mother. Maybe it's my Brooklyn mind, but it was pretty obvious to me that Ms. Reed's charming and girlish giggle was related to some imagined double entendre that had to do with either the firm policies of Donald der Drumpf or with Donald's Drumpf Shtick, both of which have been talked about -- particularly between Little Marco and Big Don but, also, between Vigor/Rigor Don and Low-Energy Jeb in the Big-Tent-PT-Barnum-like Republican Primary!

Poor Joy Reed got caught in 6th grade giggles about "whatevers" that are to soften or harden, depending, that is, on their function in the so-called Down-and-Dirty which he discussed so openly with Howard Stern. Was she really giggling about one of those curious situations that older men experience when they reach the age where they can no longer remember the difference between Lunesta and Levitra ... to go to sleep, that is, or -- so to speak -- stay up? 

Joy ... "Shame ... Shame on you and me, both!!!
BTW ... Are you from Brooklyn, too?"

Well! Lemme give Donnie the benefit of the doubt on his Sweedish or German* Drumpf Shtick ... Donnie and I are about the same age and I can only empathize with another Old Man who either gets caught in somewhat repetitive social/verbal/policy shticks or doesn't, indeed, have exactly the same bedroom response he had as an adolescent and a young vigorous man. I admit it. Last night, I found it difficult to load a box of ten reams of paper into the back of my car and I do hope some young guy at the Clinton Campaign Office will carry the load into the Headquarters. 

Howard ... You're having too much fun!

I suppose so. Still and frankly, it is difficult to adjust to Tragic Farces, suchg as the Trump candidacy. A Boy who never quite grew up but would be King and those who follow him hoping that he, indeed, has found the Magic Beans that Jack sought ... the formula for a better day. His followers, I suspect, are a group like any other ... one third? really decent and thoughtful folk looking for hope in a dangerous World. Another third? perfidious swine ... who are looking for someone else to blame/hang for the exigencies of life in a culture that is struggling to redefine itself in the midst of inevitable changes. And a final third? folk who are somewhere in the middle and good to have lunch with from time to time. You name the group? It seems to trifurcate along those lines.

I/We do live in frightening times here in a country that -- thanks to young visionaries of 250 years ago -- is still having a pretty good run. Unemployment? Urban decay? Terrorism? Yeah! The Cold War of the Post-WW2 era was in many ways simpler. Two or Three megapowers busy standing off against each other ... with all of us in fear that it would end in fire! But the Cold War ended and the Industrial Era that was required to keep that Stalemated Peace has been supplanted by a Mechanized Digital Era where Armed Minor Powers -- no longer secure in their belief that the Giants are busy fending each other off -- have taken to nipping at the Giants' ankles and Manufacturing has moved to places that are still young enough to grow ... poor enough to climb socio-economic ladders. Toynbee did predict a move of progress to East Asia!

By way of self-disclosure ... I was never a fan of the Clintons and still blamed POTUS Bill and his philandering for Gore's loss to der Shrub ... but I do trust Senator-Secretary Clinton to be -- as has been popular to say during the past Year of the Potentially Tragic Farce -- the Adult in the Room who will do the best with an almost impossible situation.

With apologies for my silliness .... Joy Reed will have to apologize, herself!!!


* There are those -- but not me, need I add -- who have said that 
DJT used to claim to be of Swedish descent!

2 comments:

  1. This would be read by lots more Democrats if you put it on Daily Kos… the way I cross-post from my website http://halbrown.org Most recently about Katy Tur...

    I wrote two pieces in the past few days about how MSBNC are doing covering the candidates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need one of my grandchildren to help me figure that out ... I don't know how to "get it up" (what did Wilde Oscar say? "I can resist anything but temptation!") on other websites. Maybe I'll try and I'll look for your piece on Katy Tur. I am so impressed with the new young crew on MSNBC ... My wife and I were watching one day and there was a picture of a young articulate guy and 4 at least as articulate young women ... Charlie and his Angels! ... though his name wasn't Charlie, I don't think.

    ReplyDelete