Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Kornacki! ... Playing "Chicken" with the World?

"For the Record, Sweetie
and Bugga-bugga ....
I don't think you answered 
one of my FFFFFFine questions."
- - A collaboration by two old men ... 
Howard Covitz and Hal Brown


"Hey, Folks. It's Me. Steve-ee!
Guess what? Hillary Clinton has outspent  Donald Trump ... 5:1.
Hi-Ho ... Whole new World.
Adverts don't carry the day, anymore!"

Lemme first make a public confession: I'm envious of the crew of articulate and young folk who have grown up in the recent crops of journalists.



From the Halls of Montezuma to the Queen of MSNBC (the brilliant Rachel) ... from Chris the Younger Hayes (Chris Matthews interrupts a bit much for my envy), Ezra the Direct Klein, Ari Mellow-Man Melber, Toure the Elegant and his Friend the Krystal Ball (where did she go?), to the poised ladies who've followed around the candidates ... Katy Tur, Kasie Hunt, Kristen Welker (who went to the same school as some of my grandkids -- Go, Kristen) and Hallie Jackson ... and all those smart youngsters that this Old Man forgot. And, yes, I even envy Megyn Kelly from the Dark Side. Brave and Bright ... Able and Articulate. How  I'd welcome their presence at dinners and how I envy their youth and their quick-thinking! The older folk (older, my aging butt!) like Carol Costello, Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper, Halpern & Heilman, and Joy Reid? I envy them, too, but not as much as the 30-40 crop (if I've prematurely aged anyone ... sorry). They're really cool ... and smart! I'll talk some other time about the Wild Ones, like the Coulter Gang from Foxxy Gulch! 

And then there's Steve Kornacki ... the smiling, fast-talking guy at the Smart-Board. Little Stevie, always young and now talking slow enough for my receding prefrontal-cortex to follow his (sometime even Rachie's) arguments, the guy who takes us through all the paths to 270 that Sec'y Clinton or Herr Drumpf might follow in their ascent to the Presidency. I like these people ... I really do. The whole lot ... Their ability to recall ... that I only recall ... in myself ... ....  to their perspicacity. Sheeesh! They're great.

So, I do hope that Mr. Kornacki will hear the following as a warm critique of his calculations by an admiring and ardent fan.

Dear Stevie ... WTF? ... How could you possibly report 
that Clinton+PACS outspent Drumpf+PACS ... 5:1?
How misleading!

How obfuscating, indeed, without a report of how much free air-time
was given by MSNBC (and other media outlets) to the Donnie.

I don't have calculations, Mr. Steve, but my subjective
sense is that youse Guys gave Trump as much air-time as
all the Noble Republic-Men and -Women and Hillary, 
Bernie, Lincoln and Brother Martin were given, together.


So much, indeed, has been lopsided by this Prez Election season that your surprise at this result and your claim that we may no longer be acting rationally if we value electoral strength by the $volume of candidates' coffers is disturbing. It makes it appear as if Herr Drunkenkopf had a natural appeal that didn't require TV ads ... ~ "Young Donnie just had this raw appeal ... that's all he needed!"

So Stevie and Friends ... 

I think you are glorious examples 
of a new crop of top-notch journalists. 
But you guys did create and encourage this Presidential Grotesquerie. 
Take responsibility for it! Stand up! 
Dammit ... join Ezra Klein der Jung and Dan Rather der Alte 
and Dear Departed Walter Cronkite who all -- in their time -- arose off their
Journalistically Neutral Butts and began to speak their minds about 
Clowns Who Would Be King (yeah, yeah! ... Walter woulda ... if he coulda)!

And, please ... do it before it's too late!
This is no time to be Playing Chicken with the World. 
T minus 49!
... and Counting.

***********

Or, else, Bubbilas, you'll be looking at the World you inherit
through you-know-who's Sphinctor Magnum
... you, too, will be doing what Republicans call  ... 'leading from Behind.'



And one more thing while we're ranting and shaking our cane at you youngin's: 
It's High-FFFFine-Time that y'all  feel 
comfy-enough saying to any one of your on-air interviewees
who play footsy with the Truth and tight-as-a-clam's ass with your queries:

"For the Record, Sweet Surrogate
and Bugga-bugga ....
I don't think you answered 
one of my FFFFFFine questions."

No comments:

Post a Comment