Wednesday, September 21, 2016

What's Good for the Ham!

He was a Good, if Hammy, Hamster.
He had a strong look and Good Hair.
He had especially Good Hair
and Fine Pursed Lips.

Ach du Lieber! What's Good for the Ham is Good for the Hamster



Truth be told: I don't have Good Hair. Indeed, I've of late found it inaccurate to use the collective noun "hair" and have begun speaking of "my hairs," instead. Life is about making adjustments and betimes accepting that other men's mop-tops are thicker and more elegant than mine but it's also about recognizing the slings and arrows shot off against others and experiencing quintessentially-human guilt. Catholic Guilt, Italian Guilt, Jewish Guilt or Upper-Middle-Class Gilded Guilt. I suppose they're all pretty much comparable. 

Mea Maxima Culpa. I've been shooting off my mouth against another human. To be specific: I've called Donald J. Trump of zip-code 10022 on Fifth Avenue all kinds of names.

I've reverted to calling him by the German form: Drumpf or Herr Drumpf!

I think I once called him Herr-less Drumpf and Drumpfenkopf and even Drunkenkopf!

I've borrowed Elizabeth Warren's: Little Orange Man!

In a dream, I cast him as a White and Mushy-Fleshed Pillsbury Dough Boy!

I've referred to him as Donnie, Don, and Donnie-Boy!

I've posted images of him inter alia:  

as the Grim and Nasty-Mean Clown! (actually, me)


as an empty headed caricature of a man!


as an inflated phallus!



as a little oedipal lothario!

as a patient saying: aaaah!


as a repeatedly self-destructive Charlie Brown!


as Heston Moe Cheston!



and  even as a surrogate in drag!

see the great hair!


I should be, I suppose, ashamed of myself ... but I don't feel shame and only some residual guilt. I am a Citizen Therapist, even if the Web-Meister of that group of therapists excommunicated me for my angry humor that he felt ran counter to the Goldwater Rule which speaks against the diagnosing of public figures without meeting with them and/or without informed consent by that public person.

This blog? It will continue Deo Volente until the election. Mr. Trump has, for the past year, presented a persona ... cavalier, reckless, divisive and mean-spirited. Nazi-Schmazi is here to mirror that kind of persona ... to paraphrase Drumphenkopf: Nazi-Schmazi just counterpunches.

In the end, I am not the Be-All-End-All of anything. I am a therapist who feels bound by my Mandate to Report possible damage to others that comes to my attention. I do not proffer a diagnosis for the Mean and Angry Clown Persona that Little Donnie presents to the World. Frankly, I don't care.

By your deeds will ye be judged!

As I've noted before, Leviticus 19 makes it quite clear that one must balance the prohibition against loose-lipped gossip with the need to protect your neighbors from harm. In the same spirit, the journalist must balance journalistic neutrality against the duties that fall uponthe Fourth Estate and the difficult task citizens and police, alike, need to juggle the citizen's right to be free from Illegal Search and Seizure and the safety of the Citizenry.

You want it simple, 
follow the smells that waft into your nose and guide your life 
as an instinct-driven Ham or Hamster.




No comments:

Post a Comment